Come join us to learn about tending your woodlands!
WOMEN OWNING WOODLANDS (WOW)
At the beautiful
Watoga State Park & Calvin Price State Forest
in Pocahontas County
May 31 to June 2, 2019
At this workshop you will:
- Walk in the woods with other women woodland owners to identify common trees
- Explore ways to make a woodland more attractive to wildlife
- Learn how to safely use a chainsaw
- Map your land using your thoughts, feelings, and vision
- Discover forest ecology and the complexities of managing forests
- Find out how to estimate the value of your woodland for wildlife or timber
- Take a trip to watch wildlife in their native habitats
Registration fee of $150 includes cabin space for two nights, three meals, and all the instructional materials and facilities.
REGISTRATION – due by May 24th SPACE IS LIMITED SO DON’T DELAY