Women and our Woods is teaming up with Women of the Maine Outdoors to offer an action-packed workshop for women woodland owners and outdoor enthusiasts! Join us Saturday, April 29 at Pine Tree Camp in Rome, Maine for engaging, hands-on classes in a variety of forest-based topics. Register by April 15! Participation limited to 50.
A: Seeing the forest for the birds: Forestry with birds in mind
B: Where in the woods are we?: How to get there from here
C: Chainsaws: Safety first
D: Wildlife tracking: Living with four-footed neighbors
9:00-9:30 Welcome, introductions, outline of the day
9:30-10:45 Session 1 (A/B)
10:45-11:00 Break/move classes
11:00-12:15 Session 2 (A/B)
1:30-2:45 Session 3 (C/D)
2:45-3:00 Break/move classes
3:00-4:15 Session 4 (C/D)
4:15-4:30 Wrap-up, evaluation
- Sally Stockwell, Director of Conservation, Maine Audubon Society
- Amanda Mahaffey, Northeast Region Director, Forest Stewards Guild
- Patty Cormier, District Forester, Maine Forest Service
- Amanda Shearin, Habitat Outreach Coordinator, Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife (invited)
- tish carr, Licensed Forester, Licensed Arborist, tish carr, Consulting, LLC
$25, includes lunch. Scholarships available through Women of the Maine Outdoors. When you register, please select "Scholarship applicant," appy for a scholarship at WomenoftheMEOutdoors.com, and pay your balance in full before the workshop.
Overnight lodging is available Friday at Pine Tree Camp for $15 per person. Please reserve when you register.
Register by April 15! Participation limited to 50. Please follow this link to register: http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=7ymsovcab&oeidk=a07edflh9cs8dcf3ba5
Please contact Amanda Mahaffey with any questions, (207)432-3701 or [email protected]. We look forward to seeing you in April!